Red rose draft 1
Written on: June 22, 2009
Time: 2:13 AM





When the gear of destiny starts spinning, there is no sure way of telling when it’ll ever stop spinning. Even if it was just for a moment, misfortune or incredible luck could be the result and even so, the impact of that destiny can last for as long as a life time.

No matter how much I regret what I’ve done nothing will bring you back…
How much longer do I need to wait till I am back in your arms…?
Is this my punishment for what I’ve done to you…?

22st June xx09
Roaming aimlessly around the city in the early hours of the new morning, I stopped to notice that there was someone standing alone outside a pub looking around as if she was looking for someone.

“Who could have been so evil to leave a girl outside of a pub?” I wondered to myself unconsciously. Taking a closer look at her I noticed that she was just simply gorgeous; she might have just been in a simple white printed t-shirt and skinny jeans but her features just stood out. Without a doubt she has to be one of the prettiest girls I have seen in my life; with her long naturally wavy auburn hair, lushes lips and smoldering eyes, I couldn’t take my eyes off of her.

Getting closer to her I noticed that she was holding onto something small and shiny, thinking it was just her handphone I decided not to go any closer, not wanting to disturb her from whatever conversation she was having. Even so I couldn’t bear taking my eyes off her; turning around to get a last look at her I noticed that she was not longer in front of the pub. Cursing on my bad luck I decided that maybe it was a sign that I should just head home and worry about not being able to take my ‘eyes’ off my work a bit later in the day.

One more corner and I’ll be back home; making the last turn I noticed something in one of my bikes side mirrors; it was the same girl I saw in front of the pub just now. But how can that be? This is not right, even if it was just coincidence it was impossible because from the way she looked in the mirror, she seemed to have the same look as she did in front of the pub. Starting to get freaked out I tried not to think so much about it, maybe it was just my eyes playing tricks on me since I was already very tired.

Getting off my bike I did not once looked back on my way home. Reaching for my key and having a sense of relief that I was just one step home, I stopped dead in my tracks. I sensed something standing behind me, there was also a light scent of floral perfume in the background. How can that be possible, if there was someone behind me, I would definitely have seen the person walk behind me since there is only one lift and one corridor to my house.

All my senses told me that I should not even think about turning around, instead it told me ‘get into your house quick’. Pushing in my key and turn it, I was glad that it gave no resistance and work like it should. Without a moments hesitance I reached for my lights and locked my door. My heart start beating like there’s no tomorrow, I could still smell the perfume but now even stronger. Spinning towards the scent even with every warning from every cell of my body I noticed that it was just some scents my sister was burning in her pot. Sighing with relief and a bit of disappointment quickly took off my shoes. Tomorrow’s going to be a long day; I don’t need to give myself a good scare just before I go to sleep. Laughing at my stupidity I walked to my room.

“What took you so long?” said the girl from the pub. I froze not knowing what to do. Please, please tell me this is a dream..